Bandit CrossFit – CrossFit
1: Front Squat Warmup (No Measure)
10 Kneeling Glute Mobliization (each side)
10 Spiderman Lunge Hands Elevated/Rotation (each side)
Banded Front Rack Stretch :30 sec hold
10 Front Squat with BB
If time is short, do one round. Try to start this before class.
2: Front Squat (1RM)
Spend 20 minutes finding true 1RM Front Squat.
Bring belts, lifters, eat a lot of food, and give it your best squat!
Next week, we will start a 10-week squat cycle.
Anyone remember the 7/13 FS/BS cycle!??
This is going to be fun!
PS: Don’t stress too much if you can’t get close to a previous number. It’s been awhile. We just need a starting point.
Coaches: Please identify any serious squat issues: (knees collapsing, loss of lumbar, improper rack position, and make adjustments. Client must squat absolutely perfect form to go up in weight. It’s ok for client to spend 10% of lifting effort in loss of lumbar, collapsing knees, or other minor faults. But, if client is at 60% of their max and not able to rack bar properly, or knees collapse, or improper depth, they need to be remediated.
The modification/remediation of choice will be box squats.
3: Metcon (Time)
15 Push Press (95/65)
10 Burpee Box Jump Overs 24/20
rest 90 sec
RX+ to do C2B pullups and 115/75# Push Press
1) Each round should take no longer than 2:30-3 minutes for completion.
2) Each round should be completed in a similar time.
3) This whole workout shouldn’t take any longer than 17 minutes.
4) Pullups and Push Press should be unbroken. If this means you have to run 200 meters, do bent over rows for pullups, and a pvc pipe for push press, then so be it.
5) Technique should be flawless. If a client tries 95/65#, but cannot hold bar in front rack properly, he/she should use whatever weight allows them to rack the bar properly, even if that means using an empty barbell, or dumb bells/kettlebells.
Coaches will help you change the workout to fit your ability and skill sets and allow you to reach the desired stimulus. This could include changes to the movement themselves, the rep scheme, the weight, among others.
4: Metcon (No Measure)
4.1) 4 sets:
– 8 hollow/arch kips on rings
– 4 strict chest to ring pullups
– 2 Ring MU
4.2) Complete 2 min total free-standing HS Hold, use well as needed. If this is easy practice alternating shoulder touches
Do this work on your own after class. If time allows, coaches can start this, but you will continue on your own as coach starts next group.