Bandit CrossFit – CrossFit
1: Metcon (No Measure)
Spend 5-10 minutes doing shoulder warmup drills; Hanging Scap Raises, Band Stretching Series, PVC Pass throughs, Ido Shoulder series, crossover, etc.
Then, we are going to work on the pullup today.
Do a variety of coaches’ choice drills. Or, you can choose from some of my favorites:
1) Hollow/Arch Transitions hanging on bar. Do them slowly, or quickly.
2) Carl Paoli Pullup Tips: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/bar-pull-progression
3) Carl Paoli Bar Kip Progression: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/bar-kip-progression
4) Carl Paoli’s Kipping Tutorial/Pullup Progression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrigE0M7j4o
5) Carl Paoli’s feet together drill: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/blocking-movement-quality-pull-ups
Please, remember that kipping pull ups are not something that you should be doing in our normal weekly workouts unless you have 3-5 strict pullups in a row AND with solid position. But, it won’t hurt to practice some of these kipping drills as you work on your strength and skill in your quest to master the pullups.
2: Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
30 MIN AMRAP:
400 Meter Run
25 Cal Row
20 Walking Lunges
25 Cal Ski
20 Abmat Situps (or GHD for Rx+))
25 Cal Air Bike
200 Meter Farmer Carry
Run and Farmer Carry counts as 20 reps if you finish. If you start, it counts as 10 reps.